Saturday, March 28, 2009

a bit of a backtrack: first of march


i've been having the strangest time over here. well of course i miss you all and now that i have a new phone (that doesn't spontaneously switch itself off) its frustrating having no one to call! everything seems to be going wrong but ive been having fun along hte way anyway. i've been battling since trying to make my smooth escape into customs and being stopped behind those annoying people while i tried not to cry. a lovely indian woman comforted me on the other side but i was very proud i kind of held it together until then (minus my psycho behaviour over the convoy to the airpot - sorry cazz...)  

 
having ignored dad's advice that i call qantas and ask for an aisle seat i found myself wedged inbetween weirdos again. on my window side i had a curlyhaird middle aged conversationalist who would not leave me alone... asking me all sorts of invasive questions and offering to lend me his lonly planet on london once i finished my novel which i had to describe to him in detail. at least he didnt smell. in the aisle seat i had a conservative older woman who promptly fell asleep. after my first movie i was busting to go to the toilet but she wouldnt wake up even though i was shaking her. (She reminded me so much of the old nun in satisfaction that wants to be spanked...) when i landed i got on the train and then waited at central station expecting my mother but she forgot and was an hour late which was very stressful as my phone doesnt work here and i had no money!
 

that night (first night!!) i was talking to bell on skype stupidly stretching my legs in the air behind me and then when i had had enough i let it swing back down, on the way colliding with a little table. my toe looked so gross, it was dislocated and broken. 
so i spent that night in the ER waiting room. and the next morning in prosthetics and orthotics. after insisting i wasnt in much pain once he strapped my toes together in a very gimpy contraption i was allowed to not wear one of thoseboot things, you know what i mean...? 


then karen landed and i picked her up. went home and got ready for my interview which was really weird. i was all wound up casue a taxi driver had insisted he knew a short way... which got us lost and made me 5 mins late... not sure how well i did... they were so uptight!
back at home kaz and i ventured into the supermarket at the bottom of my building and tried all the asian lollies which was an experience in itself! then we went out for dinner with the parents where we drank far too much (especially mum who was being rediculous! poor karen was a bit shocked) then we were going to go out and dad was trying to explain where to go when a boy who works for him walked past and he became our guide.. he was with two other boys as well, his flatmate and anotehr boy who he was showing around because their mutual friend who was supposed to be showing him around had flown home because the family pet was sick. (or something along those lines, it's all a bit of blur). 


 
so we had a massive massive night. im pretty sure karen and then american boy disappeared into some alley behind the russian bar where you get to wear fabulous furr coats in an icy room. at an african bar some seedy old man was dancing on his own to the live band and i got dared to go and join him so obviously i coundnt resist! he was a fabulous dancer and we had a bit of a disco pash before i came to my senses and bailed. hahah it really was a very fun night. at around 2 karen disappeared home so i followed closely behind which was sad but she had to be on her way to the plane at 6am. i slept through karen leaving but woke to dad telling me there was vomit all over my floor and bed and that i had to clean it up....
 
yesterday we had to go sailing which was ok cause i just listened to my ipod and felt terrible with my hangover. tomorrow mum and dad are both going away, mum back to melbs and dad to singapore till thursday. im going to be so bored! but the paretns told me to go and see movies and have coffee (on my own..!!)
 
anyway, miss you all. hope uni and school is ok for all.
lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment